Built on a passion for home fragrance, The Country Candle Company has always been about beautifully British products. Set in the heart of rural Hampshire within the boundaries of the South Downs National Park and just two miles away from novelist Jane Austen's house, we hand pour all of our candles, reed diffusers and wax melts in the quaint village of Farringdon.
Since December 2020, the company has been owned by the Moyle family; Karl, Austin, Jennifer, Laura, David and Marian.
With our production lines fully operational, we have been busy creating a new brand identity, enhancing our ranges and developing new scents to offer you exceptional quality products with a unique and distinctive take on home fragrance.
We pride ourselves on managing our production and stock levels accurately in order for us to get your products out of the door as quickly as possible. All of our products are vegan, GMO free, palm oil free and made by us here in the UK.
Our goal for The Country Candle Company is to be a household name, synonymous with exceptional quality home fragrance products. Our drive to be at the forefront of the scented candle market in the UK ensures our ranges are manufactured to a premium level, fragranced for 100% of the burn time - a USP that keeps us ahead of the competition. To remain true to our values, it is essential that in-house manufacture continues and British suppliers are used when sourcing materials.
At The Country Candle Company, originality is key and our bespoke fragrance ranges cement our commitment to offer quality, long-lasting fragrance for your home. Our main mission moving forward into 2021 is to support our independent retailers both at home and abroad, as well as our own British high street.
At The Country Candle Company we take great care in producing high quality candles that burn beautifully. We've put together our top candle tips to improve the quality of your candle burn and explain some of our safety guidelines. With the right care our candles will burn cleaner and last longer.
1. Trim your wick! Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm with our handy wick trimmers. This will give a much cleaner burn and prevent the candle from creating soot.
2. Keep your candles away from drafts to keep the flame steady. An unsteady flame causes soot and gives off a smoky scent.
3. Allow the wax pool to fully melt to the edge of the candle before extinguishing. By doing this your candle will last much longer, and burn without tunnelling.
4. Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle. Candle snuffers prevent excess smoke escaping when the wick is being extinguished.
5. When your candle reaches 5mm from the bottom, it's time to say goodbye. Leaving any candle to burn right out can cause the container to become very hot when there is little wax left.
IMPORTANT CANDLE SAFETY
- Never leave candles unattended
- Keep candles on a heatproof surface.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm.
- Never handle candles that are in use.
- Keep candles away from drafts.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candles away from flammable surfaces.
- Do not place multiple candles less than 5cm apart.
- Keep away from other sources of heat.
- Extinguish using a candle snuffer.
- Do not drop matches or any other objects into the wax.