Built on a passion for home fragrance, The Country Candle Company has always been about beautifully British products. Set in the heart of rural Hampshire within the boundaries of the South Downs National Park and just two miles away from novelist Jane Austen's house, we hand pour all of our candles, reed diffusers and wax melts in the quaint village of Farringdon.
Since December 2020, the company has been owned by the Moyle family; Karl, Austin, Jennifer, Laura, David and Marian.
With our production lines fully operational, we have been busy creating a new brand identity, enhancing our ranges and developing new scents to offer you exceptional quality products with a unique and distinctive take on home fragrance.
We pride ourselves on managing our production and stock levels accurately in order for us to get your products out of the door as quickly as possible. All of our products are vegan, GMO free, palm oil free and made by us here in the UK.
Our goal for The Country Candle Company is to be a household name, synonymous with exceptional quality home fragrance products. Our drive to be at the forefront of the scented candle market in the UK ensures our ranges are manufactured to a premium level, fragranced for 100% of the burn time - a USP that keeps us ahead of the competition. To remain true to our values, it is essential that in-house manufacture continues and British suppliers are used when sourcing materials.
At The Country Candle Company, originality is key and our bespoke fragrance ranges cement our commitment to offer quality, long-lasting fragrance for your home. Our main mission moving forward into 2021 is to support our independent retailers both at home and abroad, as well as our own British high street.
With exceptional knowledge of the garden centre industry - having previously supplied many centres in the South East from our Clockbarn Nurseries wholesale business, I thrive on meeting new and potential customers.
Understanding consumer needs and incorporating their requirements into forthcoming ranges, I have a keen eye for detail and am continuously researching new trends, vessel designs and fragrances.
A passion for sales and engaging with our customers in order to ensure all their requirements are met, I started out with my brother, Karl, in our wholesale nursery business. Following that, I spent thirteen years developing and growing a confectionary brand into a well-known player in the UK & overseas gift industry.
2021 finds me working with Karl once again as co-owner of The Country Candle Company and I am excited to grow the brand alongside our customers.
Research & Development
A self-employed curtain-maker for 20 years, I established my own soft furnishing business, Orchard House Interiors & Alterations in 2017.
My passion for interiors and décor lends itself perfectly to The Country Candle Company, exploring and developing new fragrances in our laboratory and introducing new ranges for our customers.
Reasearch & Development
I am a housewife and mum to two daughters. I have a passion for keeping a clean, happy home and have always had a love of home fragrance.
My ultimate goal is to source the very best products to fill our customers home with peace and joy! Nothing better than a good book, a relaxing bath and a special scented candle.
As my first job, I am really enjoying being part of the TCCC team, with its collaborative and fun work environment. I’ve always had a liking for home fragrance, my favourite would have to be the Velvet Musk & Oud.
Outside of work you’ll probably find me with my head stuck in a good book, unless its summertime, and then I’m enjoying the outdoors!
Marketing & Production
With over 15 years’ experience in marketing, both in traditional and digital arenas, I am really excited to put my skills to good use here at The Country Candle Company.
My enthusiasm for rewarding marketing campaigns plus my total addiction to scented candles and wax melts makes this the perfect match.
IT Technician & Production
With a background in art and design, I studied at Central Saint Martins. I’m creative, enjoy socialising with family and friends and my interests include TV / Film, art galleries, museums and frogs!
My favourite fragrance is Blueberry & Goji.
At The Country Candle Company we take great care in producing high quality candles that burn beautifully. We've put together our top candle tips to improve the quality of your candle burn and explain some of our safety guidelines. With the right care our candles will burn cleaner and last longer.
1. Trim your wick! Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm with our handy wick trimmers. This will give a much cleaner burn and prevent the candle from creating soot.
2. Keep your candles away from drafts to keep the flame steady. An unsteady flame causes soot and gives off a smoky scent.
3. Allow the wax pool to fully melt to the edge of the candle before extinguishing. By doing this your candle will last much longer, and burn without tunnelling.
4. Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle. Candle snuffers prevent excess smoke escaping when the wick is being extinguished.
5. When your candle reaches 5mm from the bottom, it's time to say goodbye. Leaving any candle to burn right out can cause the container to become very hot when there is little wax left.
IMPORTANT CANDLE SAFETY
- Never leave candles unattended
- Keep candles on a heatproof surface.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm.
- Never handle candles that are in use.
- Keep candles away from drafts.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candles away from flammable surfaces.
- Do not place multiple candles less than 5cm apart.
- Keep away from other sources of heat.
- Extinguish using a candle snuffer.
- Do not drop matches or any other objects into the wax.