We’re a British, family-owned home fragrance manufacturer on a mission to bring Beautifully British Fragrance to every home across the UK!
Set in the heart of rural Hampshire within the boundaries of the South Downs National Park and just two miles away from novelist Jane Austen's house, our artisan chandlers have been busy handcrafting candles, reed diffusers, and other great quality products since 2011. The company was founded in Wiltshire in 2011, and since then has successfully grown year on year by keeping true to the values of creating beautifully British home fragrance products.
In December 2020, the company was acquired by brothers Karl & Austen Moyle, who now manage the business and have a clear vision for growth within the Retail industry in the UK, and across the globe.
We pride ourselves on managing our own production and stock levels accurately in order for us to get your products out of the door as quickly as possible. All of our products are vegan, GMO free, palm oil free and handpoured in Hampshire.
For 2023, we've successfully completed a huge brand refresh! Our branding has been refined to realign with our ethos and identity. We reassessed our values and wanted to create an identity which clearly reflected a strong visual impression of being country-esque, with a contemporary influence whilst staying true to our quintessentially British heritage. We modernised and streamlined our font to give a bolder yet sophisticated presence, whilst still being recognisable. Our newly designed emblem conveys a blend of tradition with contemporary styling, signifying our company's journey and vision for the future; to become a household brand in the home fragrance industry.
Our drive to be at the forefront of the scented home fragrance market in the UK ensures our all of our collections are manufactured to a premium level, and fragranced for 100% of the burn time. To remain true to our values, it is essential that in-house manufacture continues and British suppliers are used when sourcing materials, we proudly became members of Made in Britain - Offical in 2022!
At The Country Candle Company we take great care in producing high quality candles that burn beautifully. We've put together our top candle tips to improve the quality of your candle burn and explain some of our safety guidelines. With the right care our candles will burn cleaner and last longer.
1. Trim your wick! Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm with our handy wick trimmers. This will give a much cleaner burn and prevent the candle from creating soot.
2. Keep your candles away from drafts to keep the flame steady. An unsteady flame causes soot and gives off a smoky scent.
3. Allow the wax pool to fully melt to the edge of the candle before extinguishing. By doing this your candle will last much longer, and burn without tunnelling.
4. Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle. Candle snuffers prevent excess smoke escaping when the wick is being extinguished.
5. When your candle reaches 5mm from the bottom, it's time to say goodbye. Leaving any candle to burn right out can cause the container to become very hot when there is little wax left.
IMPORTANT CANDLE SAFETY
- Never leave candles unattended
- Keep candles on a heatproof surface.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm.
- Never handle candles that are in use.
- Keep candles away from drafts.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candles away from flammable surfaces.
- Do not place multiple candles less than 5cm apart.
- Keep away from other sources of heat.
- Extinguish using a candle snuffer.
- Do not drop matches or any other objects into the wax.